Family of five injured due to gas leak

September 19, 2014 12:26 pm | Updated 12:26 pm IST - Bangalore:

A family of five sustained injuries due to suspected gas leak in their house in Gopalapura in Magadi Road police limits on Thursday.

The injured have been identified as Narasimha (46), his wife Umadevi (42), their children Venkatesh (18), Hemanth (16), and Bhaskar (13).

Police said that the cylinder in the kitchen had not been turned off. The gas had leaked overnight. When Umadevi went to the kitchen on Thursday morning and switched on the stove, there was a burst of fire due to the leaked gas. Flames erupted all over the house. Police said that the house is poorly ventilated due to which the gas spread all over. The family members were rushed to the hospital by neighbours who heard their call for help.

Umadevi sustained 50 per cent burns and is under treatment at Victoria Hospital while the others were given first aid.

0 / 0
Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.