Hyderabad

Fire at ginning factory

Cotton heaps gutted in the fire at a private ginning factory in Sonipur village near Shadnagar of Rangareddy district on Saturday evening.  

Several heaps of cotton were gutted in a fire at a private ginning factory in Sonipur village near Shadnagar of Rangareddy district on Saturday evening.

The cotton heaps were lying in an open yard on the premises.

The fire turned property worth ₹55 lakh to ashes, said officials.

Fire department officials recalled receiving an emergency call at 5.27 p.m. on Saturday, after which a water tender and a mist Bullet from Shadnagar were rushed to the spot.

It took well over an hour to douse the flames, a fire officer said.

“The fire occurred due to electrical short-circuit in the ginning mill,” the officer added.


Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Sep 20, 2021 3:20:31 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/fire-at-ginning-factory/article22926238.ece

Next Story