Sydney Hostage Crisis International

Australian police say contact made with Sydney siege gunman

more-in

Australian police said on Monday that negotiators have been in contact with the gunman holding hostages in a Sydney cafe siege but refused to speculate on his possible motivation.

Television footage earlier showed three of the hostages running from the building. New South Wales Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn declined to say how many were still being held in the cafe but said it "is not as high as 30". Ms. Burn told reporters there was no indication that any of the remaining hostages had been harmed.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Related Topics World International
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jan 28, 2020 10:41:38 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/australian-police-say-contact-made-with-sydney-siege-gunman/article6693336.ece

Next Story