Madurai

Woman dies of burns after cracker fuse accident in Sattur

more-in

The 45-year-old had sustained 60% burns in the accident

A 45-year-old woman, A. Ambhiga, who sustained serious burn injuries while making fuses meant for fire crackers at a house under the Vembakottai police station limits on Monday, died on Tuesday.

Police said that the woman, who was admitted to Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai, with 60% burns, succumbed to her injuries on Tuesday morning.

The fuses were being illegally made at the house belonging to A. Krishnamoorthy (42) at E. Meenakshipuram. The Vembakottai police are investigating.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jan 20, 2020 12:56:29 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Madurai/woman-dies-of-burns-after-cracker-fuse-accident-in-sattur/article30265835.ece

Next Story