Fire breaks out at fruit godown in Angamaly

A portion of waste was burnt, and it may have spread to the larger piles, say fire force personnel

June 03, 2023 08:24 pm | Updated 08:24 pm IST - Kochi

Plastic and other waste dumped on the premises of a fruit godown near Railway Station Junction in Angamaly caught fire on Saturday. No one was injured in the incident.

Fire force personnel from the Angamaly fire station contained the blaze, which broke out around 3.20 p.m., without much delay. A portion of plastic and other waste was burnt, and it may have spread to the larger piles stacked up in front of the godown, they said.

The personnel involved in the operation said a few window panels of the godown were gutted in the fire, though there was no major damage to the building.

Top News Today

Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.