Man dies after mobile charger explodes in Erode

August 20, 2022 06:17 pm | Updated 06:17 pm IST - Erode

A 34-year-old man was charred to death after a mobile charger exploded and fire spread in his hutment on Friday.

According to the police, Arjun of Koolamoppanur, near Gobichettipalayam, was a casual labourer.

On Friday night, he slept alone in the hut after putting his mobile phone for charging. The mobile charger exploded at midnight, and the hut caught fire and spread quickly.

Unable to move out of the hut, Arjun was charred to death.

On information, fire and rescue service personnel came to the spot and extinguished the fire and sent the body to the government hospital for postmortem. The police have registered a case and are investigating further. The deceased is survived by his wife, Kasthuri, and sons, Yaswanth and Vivin.

Top News Today

Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in


Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.