The Uttar Pradesh government has written to the Centre recommending a CBI inquiry into the March 2 Kunda incidents leading to the death of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Zia ul-Haque.
Additional Director-General (Law and Order) Arun Kumar on Tuesday said all four First Information Reports lodged in connection with the violence and arson at Balipur village and the three killings — including that of the DSP — would be transferred to the CBI once the probe began. Until then, the police would continue with their investigations.
On Monday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who visited the DSP’s native village in Deoria district, assured his wife Parveen Azad of a CBI probe.
Denying that the police officer had received several gunshot wounds, Mr. Kumar said there was only one gunshot injury on Haque’s body. Reading from the autopsy report, the ADG told reporters that the bullet hit him from behind and exited, piercing the chest. However, the bullet had not been traced and “metal detectors have been installed to retrieve it.”
Mr. Kumar said the conclusion was based on the post mortem report. The autopsy, conducted by a team of three doctors from Pratapgarh, had been videographed.
The ADG said three shells fired from a .315 bore weapon, which felled Mohaddipur gram pradhan Nanhe Yadav, were recovered. The pradhan’s younger brother, Suresh Yadav, who was also killed in the violence on March 2, received 21 pellet injuries, in the groin region, caused by a 12-bore weapon. Mr. Kumar clarified that these shots were not fired by the police.
Meanwhile, the Home Department has just received Parveen Azad’s CV and application for a government job. The Chief Minister promised her government job when he met her.
Keywords: U.P.DSP killing