Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Wednesday that an enquiry by the Urban Development Department had been ordered into the Campa Cola compound imbroglio to fix responsibility.
In an interaction with the media here, Mr. Chavan said it was after a prolonged 13-year court battle that the Supreme Court had ordered demolition after November 11. That was why the BMC had begun working on it yesterday.
The SC order, he said, was very harsh and had directed that no State authority shall interrupt the demolition process.
“But now that the SC has deferred action till May 31, it will effectively mean that no demolition will take place till October 31 next year since the BMC stops all demolitions from June 1 due to the monsoon.”