As many as four persons were injured in a blast owing to a gas leakage in an apartment at Tellapur in Ramachandrapuram mandal on Tuesday. According to sources, the blast took place in flat number-311 in the third floor of the Om Sai Apartments. The owners have recently held the house warming ceremony and left the gas cylinder with the in-let switch open. Not knowing this, Kamaal and Rafique – who came to take up works of gas supply pipeline, pressed the calling bell that led to the blast. The inside walls of the flat collapsed and glasses of window panes of some nearby flats shattered under the impact. SP Vijaya Kumar rushed to the spot.
Four people- Kamaal, Rafique, Bhanumathi and her grandson - were injured and were shifted to a hospital in Hyderabad. Their condition is said to be stable. “It has been confirmed that the blast took place due to gas leakage,” the SP said.