The Ministry of Home Affairs on Wednesday rushed a team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths to probe the Bangalore blast that took place, even as the Centre alerted all State governments to step up vigil, particularly around sensitive locations.
“A team of the NIA and a bomb disposal squad of the National Security Guard have reached Bangalore. We are in constant touch with the Karnataka government and ready to offer any help, which is required,” Minister of State for Home R.P.N. Singh told journalists here.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who was in Kolkata to take part in the Eastern Zonal Council meeting, said the NIA would investigate the case. He was in touch with the State government and the police, he told journalists.
Meanwhile, the MHA issued an advisory to all States asking them to beef up security and enhance deployment of police personnel, particularly in and around sensitive and crowded locations like places of worship, markets and malls.
Sources in the MHA said Indian Mujahideen, which is allegedly responsible for recent blasts in Hyderabad and Pune, could be behind the Bangalore blast.
“Though it is too early to name any organisation, the evidence gathered so far by probe agencies indicates that it could be the handiwork of the Indian Mujahideen. The use of improvised explosive device and ammonium nitrate is what the banned outfit had used in the past as well,” the sources said.
Keywords: Bangalore blasts