A Class VIII student was electrocuted while drying clothes at her relative’s house at Shaheennagar in Pahadeshareef on Wednesday.

Police said Sameena Begum (15) of Chanchalguda came to her relative’s house to spend summer vacation. On Wednesday, the girl was putting a bed sheet in the balcony to dry when it came in contact with a high-tension power cable and she got electrocuted.

Her two relatives Nazeer Khan (35) and Zainab Khatoon (17) who rushed on hearing her cries, tried to save her and suffered injuries and are being treated at OGH, said Pahadeshareef Inspector K. Giri Kumar.

Man commits suicide

A 45-year-old man who consumed poison on Friday died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital on Wednesday.

The police said N. Chandrasekhar, a businessman from Kanchanbagh, had taken the extreme step due to some family problems .

Fatal fall for worker

K. Rataiah (50) from Karmanghat died after he allegedly fell down from the fifth floor of a building at L.B. Nagar on Tuesday night. The deceased, a construction worker, was sleeping at the building when he accidentally fell down and died.

More In: Hyderabad