Date rolls do not require sugar or butter in it but taste delicious all the same. I learnt this recipe from my mother for a “no-fire cooking competition”.
Seedless dates: 500g
Marie biscuit: 8-10
Roasted dry fruits, optional: 1 tbsp
- Grind the dates in a blender.
- Powder the biscuits and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add the date mixture to it.
- Stir for 5-10 minutes until it forms a ball. Add the roasted nuts if desired.
- Roll out the date mixture to form a cylindrical shape and roll again on the powdered biscuit.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and cut them into circles and serve.
Cheruba Nelson is a high-school student who loves to cook