1. Which marine equipment has parts called stock, a shank and a fluke?
2. In which State did the oustees of the Omkareshwar Dam project protest through a 17-day Jal Satyagraha recently?
3. For what is American medical researcher Albert Sabin famous?
4. Which Asian won the ICC’s coveted “Cricketer of the Year” award in Colombo some days back?
5. What is a vespiary?
6. Name the world’s largest LEED Platinum green hotel inaugurated in a southern metro recently.
7. In American education, who is a sophomore?
8. Which endangered animal has been chosen as the mascot of the 2014 FIFA World Cup to be held in Brazil?
9. Which chemical element derives its name from the Greek word for the moon?
10. According to the nursery rhyme, which part of his body did Little Jack Horner put in the Christmas pie?
11. In which bustling American city is the O'Hare airport?
12. Which cult band is known for songs like “Money for Nothing” and “Sultans of Swing”?
13. What does M stand for in Maser?
14. Name the ship captained by Ahab in Moby Dick.
15. Which device is used to measure the difference in pressure between two gases?
Answers: 1. Anchor; 2. Madhya Pradesh; 3. Developing an oral vaccine to combat polio; 4. Kumar Sangakkara; 5. A wasp’s nest; 6. ITC Grand Chola in Chennai; 7. A student in the second year of study at high school or university; 8. Armadillo; 9. Selenium; 10. Thumb; 11. Chicago; 12. Dire Straits; 13. Microwave; 14. Pequod; 15. Manometer
Keywords: Young World quiz