Telangana

KCR speaks of early polls in State

more-in

Predicts more than 100 seats for the TRS

Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday talked about the possibility of early elections in Telangana as he would shortly challenge the Congress and other Opposition parties to face ‘snap polls’ on the plank of development in the State.

“Maybe, early elections will take place, I’m not sure. I’ll ask them to face polls” was what he said, while referring to the obstacles set up by the Congress to development. He said this at a meeting organised at the TRS office on the occasion of former Congress Minister Danam Nagender joining the party.

Mr. Rao maintained that he would not hesitate to go for early elections if the Congress continued to target the TRS government on development aspects. The day was not far when he would challenge the Congress to face elections to prove its charges. “Will you stop or let’s go to polls” was his refrain.

He accused the Congress of filing 196 cases in a bid to stall irrigation projects and development. The party had indulged in petty politics when the State was poised for steep growth in all sectors.

Irrespective of the timing of elections, the TRS would win more than 100 out of 119 Assembly seats in the State, Mr. Rao said, adding that he had commissioned four surveys to know the pulse of voters, which showed that the party was comfortably placed owing to the good work by the government in the last four years. Out of over 100 seats that the TRS would win, it was found that 60% voters favoured the TRS in 82 seats while the remaining 40% voters were spread over all other rival parties. It would translate into victory margins ranging from 50,000 to 70,000 votes for TRS candidates.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Related Topics Telangana
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Dec 13, 2019 8:39:33 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/telangana/kcr-speaks-of-early-polls-in-state/article24247785.ece

Next Story