Chair Dr. Kirit Solanki adjourned the Lower House proceedings till 11 a.m. on Tuesday as Opposition members continued raising slogans over the Adani issue. Before this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Prahlad Joshi requested sloganeering Opposition MPs to take their seats and begin the discussion of thanks on President Droupadi Murmu’s speech on the first day of the Budget session.
- February 06, 2023 14:16Lok Sabha adjourns for the day amid ruckus
- February 06, 2023 14:10Papers being laid on the table amid Opposition sloganeering in Lok Sabha
Proceedings have resumed in the Lower House. As members lay papers on the table corresponding to the list of the day’s business, Opposition parliamentarians are raising slogans demanding an enquiry by a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) into the Adani Group issue.
- February 06, 2023 14:09Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day
Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day over Opposition’s motion to discuss Adani “stock scam”. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar expressed concern over the inability to take up listed business by the House. Monday’s list of business included a discussion on the motion to thank President Droupadi Murmu for her address to the joint session of Parliament.
The House will reconvene on February 7 at 11 a.m.
- February 06, 2023 13:12Opposition MPs protest in Parliament premises on Adani issue
The Opposition parties have alleged that the meltdown in Adani Group shares is a scam that involves common people’s money, as public sector LIC and SBI have invested in them. Read more
- February 06, 2023 11:13Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 p.m.
The House is not being allowed to run and this is an outrage of rules and expectations, says Chairman Dhankhar.
- February 06, 2023 11:10Once again, Jagdeep Dhankhar refuses to allow the notices under Rule 267; members protest
Opposition members are seeking a discussion on the Hindenburg Report and Adani stock rout, but the same has been repeatedly disallowed so far.
“I have repeatedly indicated the stand, and that is carefully thought out,” Mr. Dhankhar says, justifying his decision. “The entire nation is looking at us,” he adds, to which Opposition members respond, “Absolutely, yes.”
- February 06, 2023 11:08Lok Sabha adjourned till 2 p.m. amid uproar
Speaker Om Birla adjourned the Lower House following slogannering and protests by Opposition members as they persisted with their demand for a disccusion and inquiry into the Adani issue.
Earlier in the day, a united Opposition decided to corner the government on the Adani issue in Parliament. Sources told news agency ANI that leaders of 16 parties decided to ask for an adjournment motion in both Houses and insist on a discussion on the Adani issue. Leaders from the Congress, DMK, NCP, BRS, JD(U), SP, CPM, CPI, Kerala Cong (Jose Mani), JMM, RLD, RSP, AAP, IUML, RJD and Shiv Sena held a meeting in LoP Mallikarjun Kharge’s chambers on Monday morning.
- February 06, 2023 11:05Proceedings resume in Lok Sabha, but ruckus continues
As the proceedings resumed in the Lok Sabha on Monday morning, Opposition members resorted to sloganeering against the Centre, demanding the Speaker to allow a discussion on the Adani row.
- February 06, 2023 11:04Rajya Sabha proceedings begin
Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar pays respect to former member of the House Abdul Samad Siddiqui, who died in November 2022. Parliamentarians join in and observe a minute of silence.
Proceedings begin with members laying papers on the Table.
- February 06, 2023 10:43Opposition protests at Gandhi statue
Several members of opposition parties staged a protest on Monday at the Gandhi statue in Parliament to raise their demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) or Supreme Court-monitored probe into the Adani case.
- February 06, 2023 10:40Legislative agenda in the Lok Sabha
- Papers are to be laid on the table of the House following Question Hour.
- Matters under Rule 377
- Chandra Prakash Joshi to move the motion of thanks on the President’s address.
- February 06, 2023 10:27Congress MP Manish Tewari gives Adjournment Motion notice to discuss border situation with China
Congress MP Manish Tewari on Monday gave an Adjournment Motion notice in the Lok Sabha to have a detailed discussion on the border situation with China.
In his notice to the Lok Sabha Secretary General, Manish Tewari urged the House to suspend Zero hour and other businesses of the day for having a detailed discussion on the border situation with China.
“Since April 2020, China has engaged in what can only be described as a steady land grab. Till 16 January 2023, seventeen rounds of Commander level talks have taken place between India and China with little success. All the while China continues to build significant infrastructure, including bridges, roads and accommodation for its troops. China is attempting to unilaterally change the status quo,” Mr. Tewari said in the notice.
- February 06, 2023 10:26Congress MP Manickam Tagore moves adjournment motion in Lok Sabha to discuss Adani issue
Congress MP Manickam Tagore on Monday moved a motion of adjournment of the business in Lok Sabha to discuss the Hindenburg report on the Adani Group.“I hereby give notice of my intention to ask for leave to move a motion for the adjournment of the business of the house for the purpose of discussing a definite matter of urgent importance, namely:-It is a great blow to the public money followed manipulative attitude of the Adani Groups which has been brought to light by the Hindenburg research report,” Manickam Tagore wrote to Lok Sabha Secretary General.