Andhra Pradesh

Volvo bus catches fire in Anantapur, passengers escape unhurt

ANANTAPUR ANDHRA PRADESH 30/08/2015: A Karnataka bus was burnt by short circuit at themampeta village in Garladenna mandal of Anantapur district on Sunday----PHOTO R_V_S_PRASAD   | Photo Credit: R_V_S_PRASAD

In yet another incident, albeit the first such incident in the district, a Volvo passenger bus got engulfed in flames near Garledinne even as all passengers escaped unhurt.

According to the Garladinne police, A Volvo bus belonging to Kallada Travels going to Bengaluru from Hyderabad was reported to have been engulfed in fire at around 2 a.m. in the intervening night of August 29 and 30.

According to sources, the bus was stopped by the driver as a passenger wanted to attend a nature's call near the Timmampeta village of the Garladinne mandal in Anantapur District.

At that moment the driver noticed a fire and immediately alerted the passengers who got down. While all 35 passengers got down from the bus safely, several lost their baggage to the fire as flames soon engulfed the bus completely.

Traffic on the NH 44 was affected for several hours as the bus caught fire that got aid from the good winds affecting all traffic that could have otherwise passed next to it.

Not until a few hours later, when the fire engines doused the fire, was the traffic able to pass through that patch of NH44.


Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Oct 21, 2021 9:38:14 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/volvo-bus-catches-fire-on-nh-44-none-hurt/article7596334.ece

Next Story