India to get access to David Headley: Manmohan

Updated - November 28, 2021 08:55 pm IST

Published - May 24, 2010 02:47 pm IST - New Delhi

India will get access to 26/11 conspirator David Headley with the highest authorities in the United States having given an assurance in this regard, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday.

“I have been assured by the highest (authorities) in the US Administration that we will get access to David Headley,” Dr. Singh told a press conference here.

Headley has told his American interrogators that he had several times conducted recce for the Mumbai terror attacks.

A Pakistani-American, who was arrested in October last year, Headley had entered into a plea bargain with the US government wherein he has offered to be available to foreign investigators through deposition, video conferencing or letters rogatory.

A two-member team led by Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium had visited the US last month to discuss modalities of gaining access to Headley.

0 / 0
Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.