Mumbai Local

Inox Kandivali declared unsafe after fire inspections

The INOX multiplex in Raghuleela Mall, at Kandivali (West) is ‘unsafe for occupancy’ as per the Fire Brigade department, which has instructed that the water and electric supply to the theatre complex be disconnected.

A senior fire official said, “An inspection was carried out in February end this year, and a notice issued to the multiplex on March 1, 2016, for non-functional fire pumps, hydrant, wet risers, detectors, and other fire safety compliance aspects. The chairman was given 60 days to comply with the norms, and the deadline expired on May 1, 2016.” He said an inspection on June 13 revealed that the deficiencies were yet to be rectified, following which the renewal sought for INOX was rejected deeming it ‘unsafe for occupancy’. Chief fire officer P.S. Rahangdale asked the civic department to disconnect the water supply to INOX.






Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Sep 26, 2021 8:56:40 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mumbai/news/Inox-Kandivali-declared-unsafe-after-fire-inspections/article14422918.ece

Next Story