Fire breaks out at an eatery on Ranganathan Street

No casualties, thanks to timely action

Published - January 20, 2022 01:43 am IST - CHENNAI

Major casualties averted: An eatery on Ranganathan Street where a fire broke out on Wednesday.

Major casualties averted: An eatery on Ranganathan Street where a fire broke out on Wednesday.

A fire broke out at an eatery on the busy Ranganathan Street in T. Nagar on Wednesday morning. The Fire and Rescue Services personnel and the public quickly put out the fire and averted a disaster by evacuating the workers and a few customers from the building. No one was injured in the fire since it was non-peak hour.

Sources said a short-circuit in the LED display on the first floor of the building could have caused the fire.

S. Syed Mohammed Shah, District Fire Officer said: “Our personnel from T. Nagar and Teynampet stations were pressed into service.

The fire was extinguished after breaking glass panels on the first floor.” A case has been registered in the Mambalam police station.

0 / 0
Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.