Burning baby case: Rahul discharged from Kilpauk hospital

Rajeswari and Karna with baby Rahul. Photo: R. Sujatha  

Three-month-old baby Rahul, who was admitted to Government Kilpauk Hospital on August 8, was discharged around noon on Friday.

The child went up in flames four times so far and was being treated for extensive burn injuries at the KMC hospital.

He was suffering from an extremely rare condition called spontaneous human combustion, doctors at KMC said.

The baby’s mother Rajeswari and father Karna received the discharge summary. They refused to go to the child welfare home. Instead they expressed their wish to return to their village.

Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Nov 28, 2021 3:26:20 PM |

Next Story