Bengaluru

Looking back: Pictures from Bengaluru's past

A view of Nageshwara and Panchalingeshwara Temple at Begur in Bengaluru Photo: Bhagya Prakash K.
A file photo of Cricket stadium in Bengaluru Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
A file photo of Majestic area in Bengaluru Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
A file photo of Ulsoor lake in Bengaluru Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
A file photo of Bangalore . Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
A file photo of Town hall in Bengaluru Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
The Dharmambudi lake area in the 1950s. Photo: THE HINDU ARCHIVES
Bengaluru in the begining of the 20th century. The Avenue road area when it was a simple Doddapet.
The Ashoka Pillar stands tall amidst a vast expanse of land, which is now Jayanagar Extension. The layout was inaugurated by C. Rajagopalachari on January 17, 1948. Photo: A_NANJINDA RAO
One of the towers (limit for Bangalore) built by its founder, Kempegowda, on the northern side of Bangalore. The city has now expanded far beyond this land mark. The place was in utter neglect in July 1976 when this photo was taken. Photo: R_RAMACHANDRA SWAMY
The Bangalore palace and the rose garden. Photo taken in 1940. Photo: K_S_RAMASWAMY
A file photo of Mahatma Gandhi Road ( M G Road ) in Bengaluru Photo: Department of Information and Public Relations
The British Queen, Elizabet who arrived in Bangalore on February 21, 1961, driving in State near Vidhana Saudh. Seated by her side is the governor of Mysore, Sri Jayachanaraja Wodiyar. Photo: G_PARTHASARATHY
Recommended for you