Bengaluru

Boy injured after touching live electric wire

A seven-year-old boy sustained grievous burns on his hands after reportedly coming in contact with a live electric wire that was dangling from the balcony of his house in Bandepalya on Monday. The victim’s family lives in a flat on the second floor of the building, said the police.

The incident occurred around 2.30 p.m. when Venkatesh, who studies in Class 2, was playing on the balcony. His family members and a few neighbours rushed to his aid when they heard him scream in pain.

His father, Krishna Channarayappa, is a security guard. He filed a complaint alleging negligence on the part of Bescom and the building owner.

“The live wire was suspended on the balcony of the building endangering the safety of residents. Bescom officials have been asked to rectify this hazard,” a senior police officer said.

The Bandepalya police have registered a case under Section 337 (endangering life or personal safety) of the Indian Penal Code.

A letter from the Editor


Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 5, 2020 6:45:26 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/boy-injured-after-touching-live-electric-wire/article29393992.ece

Next Story