Madurai

Two injured in fire

Two men sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out at an eatery in Kalmedu under Silaiman police station limits here on Saturday.

Selvam, 40, runs a parotta stall in Kalmedu. A leak from the gas cylinder led to a fire in the kitchen around 11 a.m. Selvam and one Tamilarasan, who works nearby and had come to have food, sustained burn injuries. Tallakulam Fire and Rescue Services personnel rushed to the spot to doused the fire. There were five cylinders and fortunately only one caught fire. Otherwise a major fire accident would have occurred and moreover the eatery is situated in a residential area, police said.

Selvam has been admitted to a private hospital, and Tamilarasan to the Government Rajaji Hospital with 25% burns.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Apr 7, 2020 2:49:32 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Madurai/two-injured-in-fire/article29309748.ece

Next Story