Electrical gadgets destroyed in fire at workshop

Published - December 16, 2021 11:16 pm IST - KOCHI

A fire broke out in an electric workshop and an adjacent roof-tiled house along Kaloor-Kathrukkadavu road on Thursday around 3.30 a.m.

Many electrical gadgets such as air compressors, marble cutters, ankle grinder, concrete breaker, pressure cleaner and 3 LPG cylinders were completely destroyed in the accident. Electrical short circuit is suspected to be the reason for the fire.

Three units of Fire and Rescue Services from Gandhi Nagar and a unit from Club Road rushed to the scene. Fire fighters led by Gandhi Nagar station fire officer T..B. Ramakrishnan doused the fire within 20 minutes, stopping the blaze from spreading to adjacent buildings.

0 / 0
Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.