Coimbatore

Narrow escape for family as house catches fire

A family of three had a lucky escape on Sunday morning after a fire in their kitchen triggered an LPG cylinder explosion at Westbrook in Kotagiri.

According to Fire and Rescue Service personnel, the residents of the house Khadar Ibrahim (43), Ramjan Begum ( 38) Anees (14) were asleep when a fire broke out in their kitchen.

A neighbour spotted the fire and rushed to their aid.

He managed to knock on the door and wake up the family, following which they ran out of the house.

A few minutes later, fire engulfed the whole kitchen, leading to an LPG cylinder explosion. Huge damage was caused to the house as well as a grocery shop next to it. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to put out the blaze.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Mar 29, 2020 9:02:27 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/narrow-escape-for-family-as-house-catches-fire/article24963136.ece

Next Story