The Indian contingent has submitted a preliminary complaint to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the reversal of the decision of Vikas Krishan’s victory against Errol Spence of the US in the second round of the 69kg category in boxing.

The jury of the international boxing federation (AIBA) reversed the decision of Vikas winning the bout from 13-11 in his favour to 15-13 in favour of the American by stating that the Indian should have been given two warnings in the third round that would have fetched four points for the opponent.

“The counter appeal submitted by India to AIBA was not accepted by them on the ground that their jury had already reviewed the bout and given its decision. India’s stance was that the fouls committed by Errol Spence in round 2 & 3 were not considered by AIBA and they only took into account the points lodged in the protest by USA,’’ said the acting Chef de Mission of the Indian contingent, Brig. Muralidharan Raja, in a release issued here on Sunday.

“The appeal letter was sent to Mr. Matthiew Reeb, Secretary General, CAS, at 19.45 hours on August 4. The weighing in and medical for quarterfinal bouts of 69kg will be held on August 7,” said the statement.

More In: Other Sports | Sport