Ashley Westwood and his men have been blessed with the Midas touch. They simply cannot do any wrong.

Despite a mediocre 90 minutes against Sporting Clube de Goa at Margao on Monday, Bengaluru FC pulled out a last-gasp winner to finish the season on a high.

With the score at 1-1, Beikhokhei Beingaichho — perhaps the shortest player in the team — unexpectedly headed home in the third minute of extra-time.

The team, which had already clinched the I-League title a week ago, conceded the lead in the 41st minute. Boima Karpeh’s right-footed screamer from well outside the box rifled past the BFC custodian.

The action — both before and after the first goal — provided for dull viewing.

Some unchallenged passes were belted over the players’ dug-out, a carefree approach more suited in the neighbouring beaches.

Forward Robin Singh briefly injected some quality with a perfectly-timed strike to pull BFC level, but his partner Sunil Chhetri could not find the right touch.

Chhetri, who started as the league’s joint-highest goal-scorer, along with Darryl Duffy, on 14 goals, missed a few chances in front of goal. The Indian captain’s frustration increased with every missed opportunity, and was eventually forced to be content with sharing the honours with Duffy.

The match meandered along once again, though this hardly seemed to bother the boisterous travelling BFC fans. An agitated Westwood, who was serving the second of his two-match suspension, frequently lost his temper as he watched from the stands.

Westwood rushed down to the field after the final whistle blew, and the champagne was popped, much like the scenes witnessed after BFC’s title-deciding victory against Dempo last week.

The squad celebrated its rise to I-League champion for the second time in a week, this time with the glittering trophy. The magical moments just keep coming.

The result: Bengaluru FC 2 (Robin Singh 59, Beikhokhei Beingaichho 90+3) bt Sporting Clube de Goa 1 (Boima Karpeh 41).

More In: Football | Sport