Four members of a family were injured when some ‘chemicals’ stored in a house on a main thoroughfare exploded, razing the house to the ground.
Police said the blast, which occurred in the residence of a person running a roadside eatery, injured the owner, his wife, son and a guest. Two houses nearby were also damaged in the blast.
Though initially an LPG cylinder leak was thought to be the reason for the blast, they were found intact. The guest is suspected to have brought the chemicals from Kerala.
Bomb disposal squad are investigating the nature of chemicals stored in the house.