Dismissing Pakistan’s allegation that India was involved in the Lahore blast, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna on Wednesday said it was “most unthinkable” and a “falsehood” that was being spread.
Asserting that these incidents were occurring due to the “selective” approach of Pakistan against terror, the minister said, “I think all these issues of blasts arise out of our attitude towards terror. When we take a firm stand against terror, not on a selective basis but across the board, then I am sure that Pakistan will be happier and India will be peaceful.”
“It is the most unthinkable accusation that anybody can make against India. It is a falsehood which is being spread. We deny any involvement in any blast, anywhere,” Mr. Krishna told reporters.
He was asked about charges by Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik that India was involved in Monday’s suicide attack at a building in Lahore where police interrogated high-value terror suspects.
Mr. Krishna said India wants the “best of relations and a stable Pakistan.”
Noting that it was not for the first time Pakistan had levelled such “baseless” charges, official sources said when Sri Lankan cricket team was attacked, similar charges had been levelled against India. “No evidence has been shared with us. This is whole fabrication…. And they will continue doing it,” the sources said.