Germany’s foreign minister says two German aid workers kidnapped five weeks ago in Sudan’s Darfur region have been released.
Guido Westerwelle says the two men are now in the care of Sudanese authorities and are being brought to the country’s capital, Khartoum.
The foreign minister says in a statement released on Tuesday that both men were well. He did not give details of how they were released.
The 34—year—old and 52—year—old aid workers had been working in Darfur region for Technisches Hilfswerk, a German state agency that does development work.