An 18-year-old youth was allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants at Bettadasanapura in Electronics City police station limits on Thursday night.

Vinod, a resident of J.C. Road and a native of Hassan, was working in an automobile showroom. Around 8.30 p.m., when he was on his way home on a motorcycle, he was waylaid by three persons who picked a fight with him.

According to the police, Vinod tried to hit one of the assailants following which he was allegedly stabbed on his chest and abdomen. Passersby rushed him to St. John’s Hospital, but he died of injuries on Friday.

The police suspect the assailants waylaid Vinod with the intention to rob him. They have registered a case and are investigating the murder.

Two killed in accidents

Two persons were killed in separate accidents in the city since Thursday night.

A software engineer was killed on the spot when he lost control over his motorcycle and rammed a parked car on BDA Ring Road connecting Nayandahalli and Nagarbhavi. Subramanya (22), a resident of Venkateshwara Layout, New BEL Road, was was riding without a helmet, the police said.

In another accident, a 22-year-old youth was killed when a BMTC bus knocked him down as he was crossing the road near Pantharapalya in Byatrayanapura traffic police limits on Thursday night. Sunil Kumar, a resident of Ambedkar Quarters in the same area, was rushed to a hospital but was declared brought dead.

The bus driver has been arrested by the Byatrayanapura police.


A final year student, who had tried to end his life by consuming poison on Wednesday, died in hospital on Friday.

Ambarish (22), a student of RBANMS college and a native of Chintamani, had been residing with his uncle’s family at Jogupalya in Ulsoor.

Some hours after he consumed poison at home, others noticed his condition and rushed him to CMH Hospital. However, the treatment was in vain.

According to the police, Ambarish had not cleared his exams in one subject. He was also experiencing respiratory issues.

More In: Bengaluru