A 24-year-old man was electrocuted on the Gopalan International School premises in Hoody near Whitefield on Thursday.

Hemanth Mahe, a native of Assam, was a security guard at the school and had been staying on the premises.

He came in contact with a live wire when he went out to fetch water in the night while it was raining. He died on way to hospital.

The Mahadevapura police have registered a case and are investigating. In another incident, a medical store employee was killed when he touched a transformer on Someshwara Nagar Main Road in Siddapura on Thursday.

Manjunath was allegedly under the influence of alcohol when the incident occurred. The Siddapura police have taken up an unnatural death case.

Bescom clarifies

Meanwhile, the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company has clarified that the incidents were not connected to its power lines and equipment.

“Citizens are requested to contact Bescom helpline 080-22873333 or SMS to 9243150000 for any safety issues,” said a press release by the power utility.

More In: Bengaluru