A lorry carrying bleaching powder from Punjab was gutted in an accidental fire at New Tharugupet, a commercial hub, in the Chamarajpet police station limits here on Tuesday morning. The police said that the lorry, parked near Royan Circle, caught fire when a kerosene stove exploded. The lorry cleaner had placed the stove close to the vehicle and was cooking food for himself and the driver. Four fire tenders took more than an hour to put down the blaze. While no one was hurt, traffic was affected on the busy road for more than an hour.

More In: Bengaluru