The parents of Sirish had marked February 9 on the calendar as he was going to perform a dance for his annual day at his Montessori school. Instead, what they got to see was the post-mortem report which stated that their three-year-old had died of anaesthesia overdose leading to lung failure.

The dejected couple told The Hindu that their life had been turned upside down after their son passed away on February 6 after they took him to a private clinic in HSR Layout for a toothache.

The family also cancelled the 80th birthday celebrations of Sirish’s grandfather, which was to take place on February 7.

Sirish’s father, K.S. Lokesh, who is getting ready for a legal battle, said: “A minor cleaning of his teeth turned fatal. The doctor didn’t even seek permission to anaesthetise him.”

Assistant Commissioner of Police (Madiwala subdivision) H. Subbanna said the police were waiting for the Forensic Science Lab report to take action.

Sirish, who was taken to Annayamma Dental and Eye Care Clinic in HSR Layout, died after the dentist, Raviraj, allegedly administered the fatal overdose of anaesthesia.

More In: Bangalore