A fire that broke out in the ground floor of Myneni restaurant at Pinnamaneni Polyclinic road on Monday evening created a few tense moments to the surrounding commercial establishments, though no one was injured.

The mishap occurred around 5 p.m. and fire tenders were pressed into service immediately.

The tiffin section of the restaurant was entirely gutted in the fire.

Two fire tenders managed to extinguish the fire within five minutes.

“Shocked by the smoke emanating from the ground floor, the customers who were in the first floor alerted us instantly and we managed to evacuate all of them safely” said a worker of the restaurant.

Though the exact reason for the accident was yet to be known, it was said leakage of cooking gas cylinder could be the cause.

The quantum of property loss could not be ascertained immediately, said a representative of the restaurant.

More In: Vijayawada