A call made to ‘Dial 100’ by an anonymous person helped the S.R. Nagar police unravel the murder of a four-year-old girl here on Thursday. Sai Poojita was killed allegedly by her mother Sujana three days ago.

Though the accused confessed to the police that she had eliminated the kid, police are yet to ascertain if her husband Ravi Shankar had any role in the crime. It all began when the anonymous person called up the DGP control room (no. 100) on Wednesday and stated that a couple had murdered a girl and buried the body in Borabanda graveyard.

The S.R. Nagar police went to the house in Rajeevnagar of Borabanda but found it locked from outside. They broke open the doors. After inquiries with the house owner and neighbours, they found that a private employee Ravi Shankar of Chittoor, his wife Sujana and their daughter Sai Poojita, 4, checked into that rented house three months ago.

Police picked up Shankar and his wife after analysing his mobile phone call data record.

The woman initially feigned innocence but confessed to the crime.

She said the girl died after she administered sleeping pills to her. She too consumed them. She later led the police to Borabanda graveyard where the body was buried. Investigators exhumed the body. “Doubts arose about her version as forensic doctors found a facture on the kid’s skull. The complete post-mortem report is awaited to corroborate her version,” the police said.

Meanwhile, Shankar told the police that he was also involved in the girl’s killing when grilled separately.

Both of them were being interrogated when reports last came in.

Mystery over labourer’s death

A 55-year-old labourer died mysteriously at Devarakonda basti in Banjara Hills. Mastan consumed alcohol along with his friends at a graveyard in Banjara Hills Road No. 5 on Wednesday night and his relatives found him dead in the graveyard on Thursday morning.

Dies in accident

A construction worker, B. Shankaraiah (35) of Nadergul in Saroornagar was killed when he rammed his two-wheeler into a stationary lorry on the Pahadisharif Road on Wednesday. He suffered serious head injuries and died on the spot.

More In: Hyderabad