A month is too short a time for some scars, physical and mental, to heal.

While the rest of the city has moved on, victims of the Dilsukhnagar twin blasts and their families continue to be haunted by the distressing images of the scary evening.

Distressing tale

“I am praying that my wife does not lose her right leg like me. Doctors have put a rod during a surgery in her right leg. They said we have to wait for a month to find whether she too needs amputation,” says Ravinder, a daily wager from Nalgonda. Ravinder, his wife Lakshmi, mother Gangulamma and family members, who are undergoing treatment at Care Hospitals, Banjara Hills, have a distressing tale to share.

“The doctors are not sure about her recovery and communicate very little with us. So far, not a single government official has come to us. Having lost one leg, we are clueless how Ravinder will be rehabilitated. Will the government help him?” asks Ravi, a relative.

Uncertainty persists

One month has passed since the blast, but doubts and fears persist.

“My sister was kept at the NIMS trauma block for two days. After that, she was shifted to the general ward. The stench in the general ward is making her sick. The doctors are not properly communicating with us,” says Harikanth B. Goud, brother of engineering student Sravani, who sustained severe injuries.

Yet to sink in

The relatives of Amrutha Ravi, who succumbed to injuries, have not come to terms with the loss.

“My mother and other close relatives are yet to recover from the shock. The government promised us job and also released the ex-gratia amount. But, still, we are struggling to deal with Ravi’s absence,” says the victim’s brother Amrutha Kumar.

Coming to terms

“My son is still under bed rest because of the surgery. We are facing difficulties at several levels, but sharing them with others serves no purpose. We are trying our best to accept the reality,” says Abdul Mannam Baig, whose son Wasi Mirza received severe injuries.

More In: Hyderabad