Four men who allegedly raped two Jharkhand girls after drugging them have been arrested by the Delhi Police.

According to the police, the incident took place in the early hours of May 6. One of the accused came across the victims at the Anand Vihar railway station and promised to help them after the girls missed the train to their hometown. Instead, he raped them along with his friends and abandoned them at different places.

One of the girls was found at Bhajanpura in an intoxicated state, while the other was found in New Usmanpur.

“A constable on patrol noticed the girl walking in an intoxicated condition. When he saw her fall on Gamri Road he called his senior, the Station House Officer of Bhajanpura police station, and a female constable reached the spot along with an emergency response vehicle. The girl was immediately shifted to GTB Hospital, where medical examination confirmed rape,” said Additional Commissioner of Police North East Delhi V.V. Chaudhary.

Since the victim was unfit for statement, a case under sections of rape and causing hurt was registered at the Bhajanpura police station and investigation was taken up.

Around 8.36 a.m. on May 6, another girl was found in an intoxicated condition in the New Usmanpur police station area. She was admitted in Jagpravesh Hospital.

During the course of investigation, the first victim disclosed that she and another girl had gone from South Delhi to the Anand Vihar railway station to board a train to Jharkhand at 7-45 p.m. on May 5 but they did not get confirmed tickets and missed the train.

“One young man approached them and told them that even he was going to Jharkhand and had also missed the train. He introduced himself as Raju and suggested that they could go to the Old Delhi railway station and catch another train. He became friendly with the girls,” said a senior police officer.

“Both the girls and Raju then came out of the station and Raju hired an auto. Another person was sitting inside the auto besides the driver. They all sat in the auto to go to the Old Delhi railway station. On their way, they stopped and Raju and the auto driver got some cold drinks for them. According to the girl, they all drank the same drink but she does not remember what happened to her after that and regained consciousness only at GTB Hospital,” the officer added.

Based on her statement, the second girl was traced to a South Delhi home of her aunty where they lived, he said.

On the basis of the victim’s statements several teams were constituted to catch the culprits. First Dulal Khan was caught and the victim's mobile phone was recovered from him. Thereafter three accused other persons were nabbed. The accused men have been identified as Mohd. Naushad (34), Raj Kumar (38) Mohd. Nazir (26) and Dulal Khan (25).

More In: Delhi