1. Name the creator of the Star Wars franchise celebrating his birthday on this date.
2. What world record did IBM’s short film “A Boy and his Atom” set recently?
3. In which State is the Valley of Flowers National Park, renowned for its beautiful flora and fauna and a delight for trekkers?
4. May 3 marked the centenary of the release of the first feature film made in India. Name the film and the director.
5. Learning foreign languages during the holidays is common. Which language is taught at the Goethe-Institut in our country?
6. UNESCO has in its report criticised the conservation efforts at which World Heritage Site in South India?
7. In Greek myth, name the beautiful spouse of Menelaus of Sparta.
8. Which is the second book in Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” series?
9. Many of us are amateur ‘deltiologists’ because of a common type of souvenir we pick up during our tourist trips. Who is a ‘deltiologist’?
10. In the opening lines of the Gettysburg Address, what was the number of years that Abraham Lincoln mentioned?
11. If one is trying to come up with Chiffon, marble or Bundt, what yummy food item is being made?
12. Name the siblings in Enid Blyton’s “Secret Seven”?
13. What is snorkelling?
14. What trophy is given to the winner in the world mixed team badminton championship?
15. Deuterium Oxide is commonly called?
1. George Lucas
2. It is the world’s smallest movie made by moving carbon monoxide molecules, viewed through a scanning tunnelling microscope and magnifying them 100 million times
4. ‘Raja Harishchandra’ and Dadasaheb Phalke
8. ‘The Subtle Knife’
9. Collector of (picture) postcards
10. 87 (Four score and seven years ago…)
12. Peter and Janet
13. Swimming while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped tube called a snorkel, and usually fins
14. Sudirman Cup
15. Heavy Water
Keywords: Young World Quiz