1. How is the country’s name spelt on Icelandic stamps and coins?
2. What is a ‘piton’ to a mountaineer?
3. Which element’s atomic symbol is Sb?
4. If Manama was the Capital, then the country would be…?
5. In fiction, who is Archdeacon Claude Frollo’s famous adopted son?
6. The common name for the Gavialis gangeticus is...?
7. In Greek mythology who was the goddess of love and beauty?
8. Which brave general is said to have crossed the Alps with elephants?
9. In which fictional land is it always winter but never Christmas?
10. In sports, what is normally fixed at 10 feet high and has a diameter of 18 inches?
11. Which popular Looney Tunes character debuted in “Porky’s Duck Hunt”?
12. In which country would one wear a type of kilt called “fustanella”?
13. ‘Hybrid Theory’ was the debut album of which band?
14. In Harry Potter, who owns Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade?
15. Which hit franchise was created by Satoshi Tajiri in the mid 1990s?
Answers: 1. Island; 2. It’s a type of spike that is driven into the rock as a support; 3. Antimony; 4. Bahrain; 5. Quasimodo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame; 6. Gharial; 7. Aphrodite; 8. Hannibal; 9. Narnia; 10. Basketball hoop; 11. Daffy Duck; 12. Greece; 13. Linkin Park; 14. Ambrosius Flume; 15. Pokemon.
Keywords: Young World Quiz