The Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry on Wednesday said the latest round of New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) VIII had attracted over $1.34 billion in minimum investment.

The Eighth round ended on October 12 attracting bids for 36 out of the 70 areas that had been offered. “We got investment commitments of $1.34 billion. Compare this with $1.7 billion investments committed in the 44 blocks that went out in NELP-VII, surely we have done better,” Petroleum Secretary R. S. Pandey said.

More In: Business | Industry