The government, on Monday, tabled a bill in the Lok Sabha to replace the ordinance to provide more powers to capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2013, introduced by Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena, seeks to amend the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 and the Depositories Act, 1996.
Updated: August 12, 2013 23:03 IST
Bill to amend SEBI laws tabled in Lok Sabha
- Taking stock: winners and losers in 1 year of Modi
- Gulf Oil Lubricants India: on a smooth drive
- Markets Live: Sensex plummets 314 points on Fed rate hike fears; metal, FMCG stocks lose shine
- Kapil Dev invests in Indian Trading League
- Sensex plummets 314 points on Fed rate hike fears; metal, FMCG stocks lose shine