The government, on Monday, tabled a bill in the Lok Sabha to replace the ordinance to provide more powers to capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2013, introduced by Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena, seeks to amend the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 and the Depositories Act, 1996.
Updated: August 12, 2013 23:03 IST
Bill to amend SEBI laws tabled in Lok Sabha
- Yemen air strikes: Sensex tanks 545 points on concerns over FII outflows; IT, bank stocks slump
- Sensex crashes 654 points on FII outflow concerns post Yemen air strikes
- Markets Live: Sensex marks lowest close since mid-Jan
- Sundaram Mutual differs with AMFI on sellers’ commission
- Ipca shares slump after US FDA bans imports from 2 more plants