Ratnakar Bank gets Rs.328 cr capital infusion

Ratnakar Bank , has announced the completion of a Rs.328-crore capital infusion led by leading global investors such as CDC Group Plc and Asia Capital and Advisors Pte Ltd. “This is the third round of financing in the last three years”, the bank said in a press release. “Existing investors, including the International Finance Corporation and Gaja Capital also participated in this round,” it added. — Special Correspondent

Vodafone owns 100% in Indian unit

Vodafone of the U.K. said it now owned 100 per cent of its Indian subsidiary, Vodafone India Ltd (VIL). “In March , Vodafone completed the acquisition of indirect equity interests in VIL held by Analjit Singh and Neelu Analjit Singh, taking its stake to 89.03 per cent of VIL. Today, Vodafone acquired the remaining 10.97 per cent of VIL from Piramal Enterprises. The combined cash consideration for both transactions was Rs.10,142 crore,” Vodafone said in a statement on Friday. On February 20, the Foreign Investment Promotion Board had approved both acquisitions. — Special Correspondent

Galaxy S5 to be available for Rs.51,500

The fifth generation of Samsung Electronics’ flagship Galaxy S smartphone will be available for Rs.51,500 starting Friday. Based on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, the handset was unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February, and its pre-bookings started on March 29. “We are very encouraged by the pre-booking response for the S5 which is three times higher than that for the S4,” Samsung India Country Head (IT and mobile division) Vineet Taneja said in a statement. It will be sold for Rs.51,500, the company said. — PTI

More In: Business | Industry