Yogi Adityanath, the controversial hardline advocate of Hindutva, took over as the 32nd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. Two Deputy Chief Ministers — Dinesh Sharma and Keshav Prasad Maurya — and 47 Ministers were sworn in.
List of Ministers of State (Independent charge)
Anupama Jaiswal MLA from Bahraich
Suresh Rana (riot-accused) MLA from thana bhawan, Meerut
Upendra Tiwari, MLA from Phephna in Ballia. Brahmin leader
Mahendra Singh, MLA from Hasanpur in Amroha, defeated cabinet minister Kamal Akhtar
Swatantra Dev Singh, Kurmi leader and organization man. BJP gen sec in UP
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary, was elected MLC last year, Jat leader from Moradabad
Dharm Singh Saini, MLA from Nakud in Saharanpur. Former BSP minister. Defeated Congress strongman Imran Masood. Is an OBC.
Anil Rajbhar, MLA from Varanasi's Shivpur seat.
Swati Singh, debutant MLA from Sarojini Nagar in Lucknow, wife of Daya Shankar Singh who made sexist remarks on Mayawati. Thakur by caste. Defeated Anurag Yadav, nephew of Mulayam Singh.
Gulab Devi: MLA from Chandausi. Dalit.
Jai Prakash Nishad: a most backward caste, MLA from Rudrapur in Deoria
Archana Pandey MLA from Chibramau in Kannauj, Brahmin
Jai Kumar Singh: MLA from Jahanabad seat in Fatehpur. Kurmi by caste. Fought on Apna Dal ticket
Atul Garg: MLA from Ghaziabad seat.
Ranvendra Pratap Singh: MLA from Hasanganj in Fatehpur, Thakur by caste
Neelkanth Tiwari: MLA from Varanasi South. Modi held road show in his constituency. First-time legislator and advocate by profession.
Mohsin Raza: Shia Muslim former cricketer from Lucknow. Not member of any house. BJP spokesperson on TV channels.
Girish Yadav: MLA from Jaunpur. OBC
Baldev Olakh: MLA from Bilaspur, and Sikh face
Mannu Kori: Dalit, MLA from Mehroni in Jhansi
Sandeep Singh: grandson of Kalyan Singh, MLA from Atrauli, only 26 years old. Youngest minister, Lodh by caste (OBC)
Suresh Pasi: Dalit, winner from Jagdishpur in Amethi, Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha seat.
3.50 p.m.: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he had immense confidence that new U.P. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and his team of ministers would "leave no stone unturned in making UP Uttam Pradesh".
3.40 p.m.: Oath taking ceremony comes to an end with the National Anthem. PM Modi, Amit Shah congratulate the UP BJP leaders.
Modi has a moment with former UP CM Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh.
3.30 p.m.: Girish Chandra Yadav, Baldev Dholak, Mannu Kori Manoharlal, Sandeep Singh, Suresh Parsi take oath as ministers.
3.20 p.m.: Gulabdevi, Jai Prakash Nishad, Archana Pandey, Jai Kumar Singh Jackie, Atul Garg, Ranavendra Pratap Singh Dhunni Bhaiya, Neelkhant Tiwari, Mousim Raza take oath as state ministers.
3.01 p.m.: Anupama Jaiswal, Suresh Rana, Upendra Tiwari, Dr. Mahendra Kumar Singh, Swatantradev Singh, Bhupendra Singh Choudhury, Dharam Singh Saini, Anil Rajbhar, Swati Singh take oath as ministers (independent charge).
2.55 p.m.: Rajendra Pratap Singh Moti Singh, Siddharth Nath Singh, Mukut Bihari Verma, Ashutosh Tandon, Nand Kumar Nandi take oath as Cabinet Ministers.
* Moti Singh (Rajendra Pratap Singh) is a four-time MLA.
* Siddharth Nath Singh is an MLA from Allahabad West. National secretary of BJP.
* Mukut Bihari Verma is an MLA from Kaiserganj.
* Ashutosh Tandon, son of former MP Lalji Tandon. He is MLA from Lucknow East.
* Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi is an MLA from Allahabad. Former BSP minster and Congress Lok Sabha candidate.
2.45 p.m.: Jai Pratap Singh, Om Prakash Rajbhar, Brijesh Pathak, Lakshmi Narayan Choudhury, Chetan Chauhan, Shrikant Sharma take oath as Cabinet Ministers.
* Jai Pratap Singh, MLA from Bansi in Siddharth Nagar in east UP.
* Om Prakash Rajbhar, president of SBSP, BJP's ally, MLA from Zahoorabad in Ghazipur.
* Brijesh, BSP rebel, former MP and present MLA from Lucknow Central.
* Laxmi Narayan Chaudhary, MLA from Chata, former BSP leader.
* Chetan Chauhan, former cricketer in Indian team, two-time MP from Amroha.
* Srikanth Sharma, BJP national spokesperson, won from Mathura.
2.35 p.m.: Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Dhara Singh Chouhan, Dharampal Singh, S.P. Singh Baghel, Satyadev Pachauri, Ramapati Shastry take oath as Cabinet ministers.
* Rita Bahuguna Joshi is former UP Congress president and MLA from Lucknow Cantonment. Daughter of Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna, former UP CM.
* Baghel, BJP's backward morcha president, a Dalit MLA from Tundla in Firozabad.
* Satyadev Pachauri, MLA from Govindnagar in Kanpur, Senior leader.
* Ramapati Shastri, former minister in BJP govt. MLA from Mankapur in Gonda.
2.25 p.m.: Surya Pratap Shahi, Suresh Khanna, Swami Prasad Maurya, Satish Mahana, Rajesh Agarwal take oath as Cabinet Ministers of Uttar Pradesh.
* Surya Pratap Shahi is former UP BJP president and former minister under Kalyan Singh regime.
* Suresh Khanna, MLA from Shahjahanpur is an eight time MLA.
* Swami Prasad Maurya rebelled from BSP, is former leader of opposition.
* Satish Mahana, senior MLA from Kanpur, a former minister, he is a Punjabi.
* Rajesh Agarwal, a two-time MLA from Bareilly cantonment, first-time minister.
2.20 p.m.: Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma take oath as CM's Deputies.
* Dinesh Sharma is two-time Mayor of Lucknow.
2.19 p.m.: PM Narendra Modi, L.K. Advani and other leaders congratulate Yogi.
2.15 p.m.: Yogi Adityanath takes oath as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister.
2.12 p.m.: Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis, Goa CM Manohar Parrikar, Chhattisgarh CM R. Singh, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj S. Chouhan & Andhra Pradesh CM N. Chandrababu Naidu attend the swearing-in.
2.10 p.m.: Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Lucknow for the oath-taking ceremony.
1.35 p.m.: Swati Singh, MLA from Sarojini Nagar and wife of Dayashankar Singh , will be a Minister of State in the Yogi Adityanath Ministry. Five other women will be there in the Ministry.
1.30 p.m.: Dharmpal Singh, Ashutosh Tandon, Brijesh Pathak, Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Ramapati Shastri, Mukut Bihari Verma, Satish Mahana, Satyadev Pachauri, Jai Prakash Singh, Swami Prasad Maurya, Dara Singh Chauhan, Surya Pratap Shahi, Siddharthnath Singh, Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi", Om Prakash Rajbhar and Rajendra Pratap Singh will be among the Cabinet Ministers.
1.25 p.m.: Our Lucknow corespondent Omar Rashid reports: Mohsin Raza, a Muslim cricketer from Lucknow will be a Minister in Yogi Adityanath’s Council of Ministers. He is a Shia and has played Ranji matches. He appears as BJP spokesperson on TV debates.
1.20 p.m.: Elaborate arrangements have been made for the swearing-in ceremony of Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow, IANS reports quoting officials. State’s Chief Secretary Rahul Bhatnagar, Director-General of Police Javeed Ahmad along with other senior officials have visited the venue, Smriti Upvan Park, to take stock of the preparations and security arrangements.
Mr. Adityanath has also visited the venue in the morning escorted by the BJP’s U.P. General Secretary Vijay Bahadur Pathak.
The swearing-in ceremony is taking place in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP President Amit Shah, a host of Union Ministers and senior party leaders.
Hundreds of Adityanath supporters from all across the State have reached Lucknow to attend the ceremony.