Today's Paper

Two brothers electrocuted

Two brothers, cutting grass for their livestock, were electrocuted on Sunday afternoon when they came in contact with a wire at a coconut farm in Dasenahalli village near Hesaraghatta. As word of the tragedy spread, villagers gathered at the BESCOM office and staged a protest late into the night.

According to the police, the incident happened around 2.30 p.m., when Muniraju (21) and Ravi Kumar (18) were working on their family’s coconut farm.

“In gusty wind, a coconut tree frond fell on the electrical wire, which snapped and fell on Ravi Kumar,” said a police officer.