TAMIL NADU

Boy dies of burns

Staff Reporter

MADURAI: A 13-year-old boy died of burn injuries when boiling water accidentally spilled over him at his residence in Bibikulam here on Thursday.

The police said that N. Satish, studying Standard VI, tried to lift a vessel containing hot water for bathing on Thursday morning. However, he slipped and sustained burn injuries when the hot water spilled over his body. He died at the Government Rajaji hospital, where he was admitted for treatment, later in the night.

Recommended for you