Aged woman electrocuted

July 13, 2018 12:00 am | Updated 03:53 am IST - Pudukottai

Woman electrocuted

A 68-year-old woman died of electric shock when she stepped on a live wire that had got snapped at Aiyipatti village in the district on Thursday.

The incident took place in the morning when K. Thangammal (68) who was collecting neem seeds accidentally stepped on the live electric wire. She died on the spot. The Malaiyur police have registered a case.

Top News Today


Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.