TAMIL NADU

Young plumber electrocuted on school premises

Staff Reporter

TAMBARAM: A 21-year-old youth was electrocuted during construction work on the premises of a matriculation school in Chitlapakkam on Wednesday.

K. Mubarak of Park Street at Santhoshapuram near Tambaram touched an iron beam that was conducting electricity leaked through a couple of damaged wires. He was rushed to a private hospital in Tambaram, where he was declared dead.

The accident took place at 2.30 a.m. on the terrace of the three-storey building on the premises of the school on Chitlapakkam Third Main Road. The Chitlapakkam police have registered a case under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. After preliminary investigations, police said faulty wiring was the cause for the death.

This is not the first instance of people being electrocuted owing to faulty wiring. A couple of months ago, a died when he came in contact with a live wire at a commercial complex in Keelkattalai.



Recommended for you