TAMIL NADU

Two students die after drinking water

KRISHNAGIRI: Two girl students died after drinking water in a pesticide container on Thursday.

Kallavi Police Inspector S. Rajkumar told The Hindu that a group of five children, who had gone out to play, plucked and ate mangoes and later filled water in the container from a nearby pumpset. Soon after drinking it, C.Divya, a student of Standard VI in Konapatti Government High School, and R.Sowmya, of Standard VI in Mampatti High School, died on the spot.

D.Swetha has been admitted to Krishnagiri Government Hospital where her condition was stated to be serious. C.Kaviya and K.Mageshwari have been admitted to Uthangarai government hospital. — Staff Reporter

Recommended for you