TAMIL NADU

Private school van catches fire

Special Correspondent

COIMBATORE: The van of a private school at Ganapathy in the city caught fire on Monday morning but no one was injured. The public noticed sparks from the rear of the van and raised an alarm.

Just as a fire broke out, the driver stopped the vehicle and pulled out all the five children travelling to school. The vehicle was severely damaged in the fire by the time fire services personnel could reach the spot.

A case was registered by the Saravanampatti Police. Investigations revealed that cooking gas was used as fuel for the vehicle.

Gas leak from the cylinder was suspected to have caused the fire.

Recommended for you